Hot Topics in Cardiology: Complex Cases was presented as a CCS accredited series of 4 regional symposia held in Calgary, Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto from April to June 2017.
Cardiac specialists were presented the rare opportunity to get up‐to‐date information around three different areas of cardiovascular medicine from top specialists in their region. Each 2-hour program focuses on complex patient cases as follows:
- Oral Antithrombotic Therapy in AF Patients Post-PCI
- CAD Patient with T2D: Optimal Management by the Cardiologist
- CAD and Dyslipidemia: What Does the Evidence and Guidelines Tell Us?
The content of the series was developed by a distinguished planning committee composed of Dr. Shelley Zieroth (CCS Rep.), Dr. Shaun Goodman (Chair), Dr. Jean Grégoire, and Dr. Harpreet Bajaj.
- Define the optimal anticoagulation treatment options for patients with AF and CAD, in light of the most recent evidence and the updated CCS guidelines on anticoagulation in patients with coronary disease
- Develop a practical approach for cardiologists to manage and treat patients with type-2 diabetes with or without established cardiovascular disease
- Select the appropriate treatment options for high risk patient with LDL-C not at target, based on the evidence and updated CCS recommendations